“Can I reset Windows password from Mac? I’ve been locked out of my Windows computer for a long time because I forgot its password, stupid yes. I have a Mac but lost the install disk that came with, so can I use this Mac to recover my Windows password? Thanks.” Mary asked.
Strong PC passwords are necessary, but easy to be forgotten. Many people like Mary have problem on forgotten computer passwords reset. Suppose you have two Windows computers, if one of them was locked, it would be easy and quick for you to unlock the lost password with the other computer. But what if you got similar problem with Mary, then how would you change Windows password on Mac?
Step A: The preparations you need to make before Windows password reset.
- 1. Make sure your Mac computer (with Mac OS X, Mac OS X v10.0 or later) is accessible or bootable.
- 2. Get your credible recovery utility like Windows Password Recovery Ultimate for Mac.
- 3. Prepare for a blank and writable CD or DVD.
Step B: Set a Windows password reset disk on Mac
- 1. Download Windows Password Recovery Ultimate For Mac ISO image to your Mac PC.
- 2. Launch Disk Utility. Click “Application” first, then find “Utilities”, finally choose and click “Disk Utility” in it.
- 3. Insert the prepared CD/DVD disc to Mac computer.
- 4. Create a password reset CD/DVD via Mac.
- 4.1 Drag Windows_Password_Recovery_Ultimate_For_Mac_Demo.iso to the left column of Disk Utility.
- 4.2 Select Windows_Password_Recovery_Ultimate_For_Mac_Demo.iso in the popup window and then click “Burn” to start burning.
- 4.3 After burning is finished, take out the CD or DVD and insert it to the target PC.
Step C: Set your locked Windows computer boot from CD/DVD.
While starting computer, press “F2”, “F10” or “Delete” continuously to enter BIOS setup. Usually press these 3 common keys but to press which one is different from each other PC manufacturers.
Step D: Start to unlock Windows password from Mac.
- 1. Select a Windows Installation and then click “Next”.
- 2. Choose the user account whose password you want to remove from.
- 3. Click “Next” to reset the password of the selected account.
- 4. After password reset is finished, click “Reboot” to restart computer without login password.
The above are 4 simple steps on how to recover Windows Password from Mac with a powerful recovery utility – Windows Password Recovery Ultimate For Mac. Therefore, no matter you have another Windows computer or not, you can always find ways to unlock your forgotten Windows password.